http://aecom.jobs/oakland-ca/entry-level-gis-specialist/1443AD3F75DC45D386EF22EFD47BF2BB/job/AECOM is actively seeking a highly motivated Entry-Level GIS Specialist for employment in the Oakland, CA office. AECOM is pleased to include you in a unique development opportunity, the Graduate Development Program (GDP). This program is designed to support your assimilation into the organization and assist with creating a foundation of knowledge for a successful career at AECOM. You will gain experience in your discipline through learning on the job and participate in development opportunities during the program, including access to AECOM's social media resources, group mentoring, and professional networking. The program also has learning activities that will be available to you, including webinars and on-line programs.
Imagine working on rewarding projects within a diverse culture, and having access to exceptional training and career development opportunities. Working at AECOM means being part of a global team, working with award-winning professionals across the world. Aspire to be a key player on some of the best projects regionally, with opportunities to work on projects nationally or internationally. Our people bring deep industry knowledge to help you succeed.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Utilize Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and associated software to produce, display, and analyze geographic information
- Develop and maintain databases, reports, and mapping
- Create, organize, manipulate, and retrieve GIS data for reporting, analysis, and presentation purposes
- Perform quality assurance of GIS data and associated graphic components
- Will use concepts, practices and procedures to extract and provide GIS data to clients
- Work under supervision of a project manager or senior-level team member
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography or other related field required
- Basic experience working with ArcGIS and other GIS databases
- Proficiency with ESRI desktop mapping and analysis tools and extensions
- Understanding of complex relational database organization, design, and functionality
- Proficiency in the processing and analysis of raster and vector geospatial data
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of cartographic design and production
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to communicate in verbal and written form
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM
- Familiar with GIS production environments
- Knowledge of the FEMA Regulatory Mapping process and FEMA Guidelines and Standards for Flood Risk Analysis and Mapping
- Experience working within ArcSDE and across remote networked storage environments
- Basic application and tool development skills using Model Builder or Python
- Experience the ESRI ArcGIS Online platform