Airware's end-to-end platform for integrating drones into everyday business workflows has given us the unique opportunity to use previously uncollectable aerial data to transform industries like insurance, quarrying, mining, and construction. Our Data Science group is looking for a new teammate who will be responsible for designing algorithms and building software that turns drone data into business outcomes for enterprise customers. In this role you will drive the full lifecycle of data products, identifying data challenges in collaboration with product managers and customer-facing teams, ideating and prototyping new solutions, iterating on machine learning models to improve accuracy and efficiency, and deploying those models to production in the Airware Cloud. Our ideal candidate is eager to dive deeply into unsolved data challenges, and pragmatic about balancing research with deliverable results.
Skills and Experience:
- Extracting 3D measurements from a sequence of 2D aerial images
- Identifying hazards or structural damage from multi-wavelength imagery
- Improving vehicle efficiency based on flight logs and maintenance records
Nice to have
- Experience with statistical modeling and machine learning
- Fluency with Python or another scientific programming language
- Curiosity to try out new ideas and tenacity to solve challenging problems
- Comfort with real-world data and a healthy skepticism toward data quality
How to Apply and What to Expect:
- Ph.D. in a quantitative field or equivalent experience solving problems with data
- Domain knowledge in computer vision, photogrammetry, GIS
- Proficiency with scientific computing libraries like numpy, scipy, sklearn, OpenCV, GDAL
- Projects with deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Torch, Theano
- Experience with collaborative software development, continuous integration, and testing frameworks
- Familiarity with distributed data systems like Kubernetes or Spark
- Knowledge of Cloud computing infrastructure
In addition to a resume, please include a short explanation of your background, accomplishments (links to past projects are always helpful), and what excites you about Airware. This will help us to get a multi-dimensional view of who you are and connect you with the right person at Airware.
Be prepared to have a detailed technical discussion with a member of our team over the phone or via video chat.
Airware offers complete enterprise drone solutions built on the industry’s most comprehensive hardware, software, and cloud services platform. Airware’s leading set of technologies enables enterprises to plan, fly, and analyze aerial data to drive business outcomes including operational cost savings, enhanced worker safety, and improved decision making. Airware has built a cross-disciplinary team of experts in aerospace, robotics, geospatial, hardware, software, and cloud. Founded in 2011, Airware has raised more than $90 million to date from investors including Andreessen Horowitz ( http://cdixon.org/2013/05/15/airware-an-operating-system-for-drones/ ), Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers ( http://uncapitalized.com/2014/07/23/game-of-drones-2/ ), Next World Capital ( http://nextworldcap.com/ ), First Round Capital ( http://thecornice.com/2013/05/15/airware/ ), Google Ventures ( https://www.gv.com/ ), GE Ventures ( http://www.geventures.com/ ), and Intel Capital ( http://www.intelcapital.com/ ). Airware is headquartered in San Francisco, CA with a European HQ in Paris, France.
Check out our opportunities at airware.com/careers ( http://www.airware.com/careers ) or @airware ( https://twitter.com/airware ) on Twitter.