Submit applications and complete the online test before February 3rd.
San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA)
If you are passionate about sharing your tech expertise towards making tangible improvements in one of the most diverse transportation networks in the world, and are ready for a leadership position with high visibility, come to the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA)! Our technology team is helping to bring modern transportation services and infrastructure support to our customers. We are seeking an Enterprise GIS Developer/Administrator with high energy, commitment to innovation and excellent communication skills. This is an exciting time to join the SFMTA—we are developing new tools, rethinking systems, and modernizing transportation. We are looking for a leader who thrives on developing relationships with internal and external partners to directly improve the lives of San Francisco residents, visitors and commuters.
Under the direction of the GIS manager, the Enterprise GIS Developer/Administrator will design and implement a state of the art geospatial platform for the agency. The tasks of this role are diverse, including but not limited to developing geospatial and web solutions for the agency utilizing web mapping, mapping assets, mobile field data collection, and managing geospatial integrations into CRM and asset management systems. Exceptional communication and creativity are essential, as the Developer/Administrator will work with users across the agency to manage enterprise datasets and guide efforts to integrate CAD and GIS. The position also includes a unique opportunity to be a key coordinator in Citywide GIS and open data efforts and to partner with map providers like Waze, Google, and others. We are seeking someone with five or more years of experience with GIS, creating and analyzing complex geospatial data and creating map-based solutions. Additional experience and expertise in these areas is a plus:
- Python scripting, with data manipulation and GIS workflow automation
- Proficiency with SQL and geospatial queries for data mining, test setup and troubleshooting purposes
- CAD / GIS integration experience
- Administering a spatial middleware platform in conjunction with an enterprise spatial database (ArcGIS for Server, Geoserver, Infrastructure Map Server or equivalent)
- Managing/administering a spatial database (Oracle Spatial, PostGIS, SQL Server )
- Integrating GIS with Salesforce or other SAAS applications
- Cartographic and web design
- Advanced geospatial analytics (network analysis, linear referencing systems, spatial statistics)
We know that as a technologist in the Bay Area you have choices. When you choose to help modernize one of the most diverse transportation networks in the world, you Choose Purpose.