Oakland or Walnut Creek, CA
Haley & Aldrich is looking for a highly motivated and technically capable GIS professional to join our Data Visualization Services Group. We collaborate closely with our colleagues and clients on challenging projects in the fields of geotechnical engineering, environmental geology, risk assessment, natural-resource management, and sustainability.
Our ideal candidate will be required to:
• Be enthusiastic, dedicated, self-disciplined, and able to work effectively in an exciting, diverse, and fast-paced environment.
• Work with project teams to determine the optimal approach for using geospatial technologies to meet project needs, accurately estimate the corresponding level of effort, and then see implementation through to completion.
• Be outgoing, proactive, and responsive―skilled in effectively communicating with colleagues and clients both in-person and virtually.
• Approach each task, regardless of size and scope, as an opportunity to rethink the conventional ways data is collected, managed, visualized, and delivered.
• Produce concise, clear, and compelling cartographic output with a keen eye for aesthetics.
• Balance a high level of creativity with adherence to established company GIS standards and best practices.
• Always be persistent and diligent about quality, both in one’s own work and the work of others.
• Support and coach other users of geospatial technologies throughout the organization.
• Stay actively engaged in the greater GIS community, both locally and beyond, to stay aware of the state of practice, new tools and technology, and opportunities for growth.
• BS/BA degree
• Three to ten years experience as a GIS professional
• Advanced skills using Esri ArcGIS for Desktop, including Spatial Analyst and 3D Analyst
• Experience building & using GIS to solve problems, present results, and graphically report analytical data
• CAD-GIS data interoperability and integration skills, especially for effectively using CAD data in GIS
• Candidates will be required to provide a portfolio of their work
• Experience using ArcGIS for Server, Geocortex Essentials, ArcGIS Online, AutoCAD, Adobe CS
• Web- and mobile-map application development
• Electronic field data collection, processing, and integration
• Relational-database management (EQuIS, SQL Server)
• Automation and scripting using Model Builder and Python (including arcpy.mapping)
• GISP certification
Please apply online here:
Requisition number 16-0239