||Engineering Technician II
$ 5,567.47 - $7,127.47 per month - based on a seven-step plan
$ 66,809.60 - $85,529.60 annually - based on a seven-step plan
External land development projects are referred to the District for review, many of which are adjacent to or modify District facilities. The District's Community Projects Review Unit reviews these developments for impacts to our interests. Under the supervision of the Senior Engineering Technician, this position will support the functions of the unit including processing applications for review by the Senior Engineering Technician/Engineer, updating/maintaining unit records, updating/ maintaining unit GIS layers, preparing permits/letters, conducting field observations, phone duties, fulfilling Senior Office Specialist duties as needed, Underground Service Alert (USA), and researching historical documents.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Under supervision, process applications for review by the Senior Engineering Technician / Engineer.
• Provide support for the District's Underground Service Alert Program.
• Utilize GIS and Adobe Pro software applications to produce maps, simple drawings, and exhibits as needed.
• Serve as a liaison to public agencies, developers, consultants and land owners.
• Prepare permits/letters.
• Conduct field observations.
• Research, collect and analyze project data.
Ideal candidate's background includes:
Bachelor's degree with coursework in surveying, land use, engineering, geography, or other sciences.
1+ years of experience:
• Reading engineering plans, survey documents, deeds or similar.
• Providing outstanding customer service to the public, including answering inquiries.
• Producing maps, drawings and other technical documents in GIS.
• Perform administrative duties such as drafting letters, drafting permits, answering phone calls.
• Perform property research activities, including boundary determination and land title examination.
• Provide outstanding customer service with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Basic principles of GIS.
• Basic methods of conducting research.
• Basic principles of surveying.
One year experience equivalent to the Engineering Technician I level.
Equivalent to completion of the twelfth grade supplemented by college level course work in engineering, geography, mathematics, or a related field.
Closing Date for Applications: Monday, November 28th, 2016 by 5:00 pm.
For detailed information regarding requirements and qualifications for this opening and to apply online, please see the job posting by clicking on the following link: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/scvwd