BAAMA is seeking geospatial enthusiasts to join our 2013-2014 board. Being part of the BAAMA Board provides an opportunity to:
- Gain recognition for yourself and your company
- Network and interact with guest speakers
- Fulfill volunteer hours for GISP and other GIS organization membership requirements
Board member obligations include:
- Overseeing the organization, its activities and finances
- Upholding by-laws; participating in Board meetings (currently held once a month)
- Answering Board correspondence between meetings and volunteering for assignments
- Devoting time to further the goals and purpose of BAAMA
Being on the BAAMA board provides many opportunities for networking with other geospatial professionals and gaining visibility within the community. Involvement on the board depends on the time you have to commit, but is generally between 2-10 hours a month. In-person meetings are generally held every 2-3 months, and interim meetings are held via conference call.
If you are interested in joining the BAAMA Board of Directors, or would like to attend the next board meeting to see it is of interest to you, please email your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The BAAMA Board